Monday, September 14, 2015

Action

Some of the birds are starting their annual migration South and some of the juvenile birds are starting to show off around the feeders.
It's been a busy bird bath, with mostly chickadees splashing the water everywhere, including up on the windows.  No photos, they are shy bathers.

I caught this female Cardinal bench pressing on the new feeder.  
Those bars must be a little slick as she lost her footing, but I'm glad I caught the picture.

Today a young male stopped by, he's looking a little rough around the edges, but he'll be a beauty before the snow flies.  I hope he sticks around.


I see a few doves, the chickadees, a few goldfinch and the rare Bluejay at the feeders.  The yard has several woodpeckers around as well.  Soon, we should see some new birds as they travel South.  It's fun to see the Fall action.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails