Monday, February 3, 2014

Ugh!

My friend Carrie taught me the value of that guttural expression of disgust.  Sunday's Super Bowl really was a misery.  Our Broncos had a record setting season but the Seattle Seahawks outplayed them by a long shot in the big game.  I was home with some fresh guacamole and a beer and the kitties, and the way it went, I was glad I wasn't trying to watch it with friends.  
We Bronco fans had high hopes, but instead, Ugh!
***
This morning the sun was shining brightly, the misery of the game behind me, and now on to February.  
I had a visit from a male cardinal at the feeder for a few minutes.  
My windows are so dirty that I had to wait until her was up in the maple tree to take a shot.

As I stepped outside to try to catch a photo of the cardinal, I noticed that the red breasted nuthatch, didn't leave his suet bag even when I was standing less than a yard away.
He was focused on his mission.
I was chatting with a friend about the birds at our feeders this winter.
Less cardinals, not a single redpoll, and all in all very few birds.
Lots of woodpeckers, which might have to do with my suet bag feeders I suppose.
It is interesting how birds change their routes and migration and where they hunker down for the winter.
As the days get longer, maybe we'll see some changes in who stops by for a snack at the feeder.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails