Saturday, February 1, 2014

Starting Stuff

I think I was basically lazy most of 2013.
This year I decided to be more organized and not as lazy.

First, I started the year using a budgeting tool to track all my spending.  I have never used a budget, but after one month, I have to say, I am enjoying logging every single purchase.  I am sure I'm spending less as well as it is kind of a game to see how much I can save.

Next, I decided to go back to Weight Watchers, again.  It fits with my getting organized theme.  I attended my first meeting this week, and the time frame is perfect as it is just before my piano lesson.  So, that will make getting to meetings easier since I'm headed to Rice Lake anyway.

Finally (although there might be something else later) I'm starting a new plan for cleaning my house.  (I'm a very bad housekeeper, so I need help) It gets it done in just 20 minutes per day.  I have a list of what to do by the day of the month.  The idea is to set a timer, and then get after what ever is on the list for that day.  Today I have to surface clean & pick up the kitchen and living room & vacuum.  Tomorrow I have to clean the bathrooms.  The next day is surface clean the bedrooms and vacuum.  You get the idea.  I borrowed the 30 Day Schedule from a website ApartmentTherapy.com

I already feel like my life is more in order and I like that.
At least this year, I am getting started.
Life is Good.
***
 I thought you might enjoy this photograph.
Where is it?
Is it the Rocky Mountains?  Or the Tetons? or?
Nope, just a snow pile at the boat landing in Rice Lake, WI

1 comment:

sherri said...

You have lots of projects going on! I'm impressed. Nothing like the fresh slate of a new year for inspiration. Good luck in all your pursuits!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails