Tuesday, February 18, 2014

This was the day we needed

Tuesday was all about sunshine and warmer temps.  After all the snow and cold, it felt great.  Photographer friend, Kathy, invited me to tag along to the St. Croix River to see the swans.  I debated but wow, I am so glad I went.  We drove to an area near Hudson, Wisconsin where the swans are and what fun to get so close to them and see so many and to feel the sun on my face again.
Kathy knew right where to go to find these beauties.

Some just couldn't get along, so then one had to bite the other on the butt!

There were quite a few disagreements.

But others just looked peaceful.

A family gathering

The sun probably felt good on his wings just like it felt good on my face.

Some Mallards were mixed in among the swans.

Taking off looks like walking on water.

Wow

Intense

A mallard pair getting some sun.

Unusual coloration, or lack of coloration, in this male mallard

yak yak yak...seriously, when these swans all started in, it was loud.

Some are just sooo white.

I wonder if this Mallard is showing off a little

The peanut gallery was making some noise.

Dance a little, yak a little

Like angel wings

Warm sun makes a swan thirsty, or was it the corn?

Stretching to show who is taller

Gotta run

Stretching

Love was in the air
What a fun day, with such compliant subjects for the camera.  
It was warm and sunny and it felt great to be out.
Today was the day we needed.

1 comment:

Malia said...

What great pictures Wanda! I especially like the last one :) Tell me, are both males and females solid white?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails