Wednesday, February 5, 2014

One down, one to go

When Payton announced that she was pregnant, I thought I should pull out my knitting supplies and make a baby gift.  As soon as I knew that the baby was a girl, sweet Alaina, I started my project.  Just about Thanksgiving time, I began my knitting.  I worked on a car seat sized baby blanket for over a month, having several, 3 or 4, false starts where I 'unknitted" the project and started from scratch.  Finally, I settled on a pattern and started knitting.  At about the midway point, I no longer liked the pattern I was using and set that project aside.  Once again, I cast on enough stitches for a small, car seat sized blanket, and started knitting while I watch TV.  I have to admit, I knocked out quite a few rows during that Super Bowl game!  
Today, the blanket is finished.  I also made a little stocking cap to go with the blanket.  
This isn't a below zero, Wisconsin winter, keep the baby warm blanket.
It's more of a warmer weather, the baby needs to be snuggled into the car set, something pretty blanket.
I liked the idea of this smaller blanket because it can easily be a fun doll blanket later on.

I'm happy with my results and now will start a project for little boy Cordell, 
the latest addition to our family tree.  
One down, and one to go.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails