Friday, February 21, 2014

Honking their trumpets

Okay, this posting might be a little racy but I'm going for it anyway.
When KJ and I were in Hudson among the trumpeter swans,
I accidentally observed a pair of swans making whoopie.
What was most interesting was the reaction of the others swans nearby.  
As soon as the couple started to mate, the other swans made such a racket, it was laughable.
Here are a few photos of the 'romantic' couple and their entourage.


Notice the open mouths of the peanut gallery.


No peace and quiet for this couple, the on lookers were 'honking their trumpets'

It was an awkward moment for me, but not awkward enough that I didn't use my camera to document.




I'm guessing that this darker swan is the chick from last year's mating of this couple.



This seemed to be 'showing off'



Very sweet how they form this natural heart.
So, a little look at swans in the throes of romance, kind of racy.
And humorous how all the onlookers were 'honking their trumpets' during the whole thing.
These trumpeter swans are really quite lovely 
&
 I'm hoping to get back to this area again before they migrate.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails