Saturday, August 3, 2013

I'm a regular!

Well, Gary told me today that I'm a regular at their gardens, that is a good thing.
Today, I took my friend Carol over to see the lily gardens.  Gary and Mary were nice enough to spend time with us talking about the different flowers and chatting about the gardens.
These lilies are fun to photograph, so here's a few (well quite a few actually) from today.
This plant has already produce 380+ blooms, will it make 400?

The lilies are agreeable subjects for photos.
The hard part is picking a favorite.
I think I pick a favorite until I see the next one.

The after I get home and look at my photographs, I pick a new favorite.
And even then, I change my mind more than once as I review my snaps.
This one might be my favorite from today.
Lily field...I had heard that term used in literature, but this brings it to life
One of many flower gardens
Hmm, who do we have here?
Green Envy Coneflower...gotta find these next year
Flowers leading to the hosta beds
Hummingbird moth loving on these phlox, are they pholx, huge but I think they are
Fun how the petals of the flower can be seen through the wings of the moth.
Someone hiding in this lily
Lovely from all angles

Hard to beat these lovelies.
Almost a tulip shaped flower, might be a new favorite.
It's not all about the lily.

Love this purple accent

Startling with a yellow center, a real favorite
Red, beautiful and accented by the orange behind, yep, this one is a favorite too

Rubeckia that is 12 foot tall and the bees loving every flower
Napping on the bud
This guy was hanging out on an impatien, funny little dudes
Love sneaking a photo of this guy.



Well, I never knew Todd, but I sure do appreciate his parents
and the flowers that have become a living memorial to him.
And the truth is, I cannot pick a favorite out of all the lilies, as it's usually the next one I look at.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails