Friday, August 16, 2013

Canoe Volunteering and other fancy stuff

I spent the morning volunteering at the Canoe Museum.  Only one set of visitors, but they were so friendly and we had a nice visit after then looked at all the canoes.  
It's some pretty light duty as the rest of the time I sat in my lawn chair out in the sun!
There is a nice rain garden filled with native plants right in front of the museum, 
and I took a few photos of bees in the Beebalm.
I messed with this photo and added some special effects to the zoom.
The bees were really working on these petals.  I kept trying to catch one of these guys in flight, but I didn't do too well at that idea.
It's funny sometimes what you DO NOT see through the camera viewfinder when you are focused.
So, in trying to catch one of these bees as they lifted off, I was missing something big.
 It wasn't until I looked at my photos later that I saw the big hopper.

I am thankful that he did not HOP at me while I was looking through the viewfinder,
that could have caused heart failure!

After lunch at my favorite Pillers (Poor Boy Sandwich & a beer-YUM) Bar & Grill,
I took a new route back to Rice Lake.
Heading East and then South, I took a country road.
Around one corner, I found this little one standing all alone.
A man and his granddaughter came along on a 4 wheeler and he indicated to me that he had seen this single fawn before.  I hope that Mom was close by.  I shooed it back into the woods.

Not much farther, I came upon a cranberry bog that I drive by periodically, always hoping to catch something happening there!  Other than lots of cranberries growing on bushes, nothing was going on there.
But a little down the road, there was lots of action in this field.
Like soldiers waiting for inspection, these guys are lined up.
Sometimes I think they look like little aliens standing in the field awaiting their orders.
Sunflowers are hard to cruise past without snapping a few photos.
All in all, a very good day in Wisconsin.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails