Monday, August 19, 2013

A baby shower and a basket of candy

Sunday I went to a baby shower for my great niece Payton.  Her baby is due in November.  She's a young girl facing the challenges of having a baby in her Senior year of high school.  Of course, this is never what we wish for our young girls, but it has happened before and usually, everything turns out okay.  Payton's family and extended family have lots of experience raising and loving babies, she'll have tons of support as she negotiates this challenge in life.  Her baby shower was very nice.  I think it was her sisters who put together the invites and decorations.  A farm theme on the invites...

I should have taken photos of the buffet table, red bandannas in baskets of food, Oreos as tractor tires, balloons decorated as pigs and cows and little cutie cupcakes with pig noses and cow faces.  The girls had plenty of games to play and it was a big crowd.  I didn't stick around for the gift opening, but I am guessing by the crowd that she now has a good start to what she'll need to care for the new babe.

My great niece Milli was so proud of the card that she made for her cousin Payton.
 Milli told me that the pictures were Payton on the right & Milli on the left.
These little girls love their cousins so much.
***
It looks like I'll be eating candy for supper.
I had a bountiful harvest this afternoon with both cherry and regular tomatoes really starting to ripen.
This is a great time of year for veggies.
I need to get some bacon tomorrow as BLTs are really calling my name, and I've got the Ts.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails