Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Grandma's beans are in trouble

My grandmother, Frederikke Johansen, used to grow flowering beans when my Dad was a kid.   I have some growing in my yard but this year, the deer have been hard on them.  I wonder how my Grandmother kept the deer from munching on hers?  The two fawns were back today, I am always tickled to see that they are surviving, but obviously they are hungry.  

The larger fawn had a pretty good snack off my beans today.
Nothing like beans for lunch!

Lots of stuff to munch on in my woods.

I was about 20 feet away before the fawn got a little nervous about me.

Once I moved back up onto the deck, the fawn came for the choke cherry tree.

I guess tiger lily buds must be tasty too.

I can see a swollen tick attached to the eye lid of this one.  I hope that falls off soon.

This smaller fawn is more nervous.

The smaller of the two has a wound on it's flank.
There is no modesty in wildlife photography.
Again, I want to stress that I am not feeding these fawns nor encouraging in any way them to come to my yard.  When I see them, I try to take photographs to share.  I'm not very optimistic for their future but at least for right now, they are together and seem to be doing okay.
These two belong to Mother Nature, she'll do what she'll do.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails