Friday, May 31, 2013

This cracks me up, kinda

Since I captured a deer on the trail cam earlier this week, I've been trying to check the backyard often.  Even when I get up at night to make a trip to the powder room, I take time to look out back.
No Luck so far.

This morning when I checked the trail cam photos from yesterday, I found these three photos.
These were taken at 7:45 pm on Thursday.
Not only was I home, but I was sitting on the new porch for quite awhile watching storm clouds and talking on the phone.  Meanwhile, just behind me, I had two vistors.

You can see little nubs where antlers will be on this one and do you see his pal back in the woods?

No a very good picture zoomed in, but you can see his antler spikes.

I can't really tell if this is buck or doe, but hopefully he/she is munching on dandelions, I have an abundant supply.
So, now I will have to be more vigilant.
Funny.
***
My new love
I'm not sure I ever knew what a Forget Me Not looked like, but when I saw this little beauty at a plant sale, I had to bring her home.  The flowers are so tiny, maybe the size of a Red Hot candy?
I'm told that the plants will spread and I surely hope so.
I've now found a friend who is digging these little babies out of her yard, so I am going to add to the population in my yard and hope for massive spreading.
Anything is better than all those dandelions!
My 'lawn guys' only mow every other week, which during most of the year, is adequate, but right now, after a lot of rain, my yard looks very shaggy and it may mean baling hay by the time the mowers arrive on Tuesday.  
Sigh.   
I think I say this every year. 
It wouldn't be so bad, but my closest neighbor is one of those guys who mows more than once a week, has a monster riding mower with two huge cans on the back to pick up grass.  He sprays for dandelions and fertilizes.  These are all things that don't happen in my yard.
He sure makes me look bad.
I vowed when I moved here I was not going to put chemicals on my grass nor worry about it much.
I am successful. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails