Wednesday, May 8, 2013

At long last

Spring!
I spent the last couple of days busy in the yard.  Clean up, pruning, digging in the dirt, cleaning out the garage, putting out the deck furniture, and watching Ronnie finish my porch.
This is a project that was started very late last fall, and before the Petersen's could get back to finish, along came a very long and drawn out winter.
So, Ronnie arrived on Tuesday, worked all day and then came back to finish it today.

Here's how it looked when I moved in.
No spindles, pretty wobbly.
then I stained it and it looked much better.
I kept thinking I wanted the steps to come straight down towards the garage,
Ronnie and Roger made it be so.
And this is how it looked all winter long.
Ronnie came back to finish the job once the mountains of snow left.
Now it is a really nice outdoor space.
A proper porch!
It just needs to be stained to match and I'll work on that project real soon.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails