Sunday, May 19, 2013

My lovely trillium

I read on the internet, that trilliums are self seeding and will not come back if you pick the blooms.
I believe that they are protected in Wisconsin and it is illegal to dig them up or pick them, but really, are there trillium police out there?
I'm lucky to have one plant that continues to bloom each spring.  
I keep hoping it will multiply, but so far no luck.  I might have to go stealth and dig up a shovelful of plants off some deserted road and try to add to my crop.  But please, don't call the Trillium Cops.
The trillium is perfect right now, the woods in many areas a blanket of white, but in my woods, just this one.








We've swapped out snow for typical stormy spring weather.
The prediction is for high winds and hard rains for this evening, so I wanted to catch a few photos of my tulips that are just perfect right now.
These tulips make me think of little lanterns they way they glow in the sunshine.



The maple trees are almost finished dropping their spring mess.
The leaves are starting to show, so once this rain gets past us, I should be able to start cleaning up the decks so I can start using them.
***
My brother Gus had an auction to liquidate his pawn shop business today.
I heard that it was a fair crowd and hopefully all items will move.
It will be a new phase of life for Gus and Lois.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails