Saturday, May 4, 2013

A drive through 'Sconnie on opening day of fishing

Today, after a very successful shopping trip to Kohls where I saved twice as much as I spent, 
and a drive past Rice Lake, 

The snow pile at the boat landing is really quite impressive dontcha think?
Red sled & SNOW
These coots were busy eating seaweed, I think

The only Mallards I saw were having a siesta on the banks, a little away from the snow.

The lake was busy with red heads, grebes and coots.

 This young bald eagle did a fly by as I was watching the ducks.
Maybe he was watching them too?
Juvenile Bald Eagle
I took a drive to Glenn's place on Big Moon, but I went the long way, country town roads most of the way.
The sun came out and with snow everywhere, it was a very pretty day.
This pretty baby was with about 4 others.

I think this is a trumpeter swan.  Two pair were on this small pond.

I drove by the eagle's nest again, love this tree and nest.

This windmill caught my eye.
Once I arrived at Big Moon, the kids were glad to show off their tackle boxes. 
Jackson has almost as much tackle as Farm & Fleet


Charli has a nice tackle box with a fancy latch and lots of cool gear

Jake's tackle box is small but he has all the necessary items!
Dana sent me this photo of the fisher people at Big Moon earlier in the day.
Charli, Glenn, Jake & Jackson on the shore of Big Moon Lake
Charli and Jackson making a trade on some bobbers
Sometimes the fishing lures are useful as eyebrow(s).
Jackson told me that this is his favorite lure.
As the day went along, the ice was changing.


Red Breasted Merganser, a first for me
Mergansers on Big Moon

Wild hair day for these Mergansers
It was a good day for a drive around Sconnie!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails