Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Carpenters & Cooking


Before


Good start.


It's bigger than I expected.

I've been quite busy during the last few days, not only did I have Gage visiting, but also the Petersen carpenters have been building a deck on the front of my house. The Petersens are 2nd cousins of mine and we grew up across the road from each other just West of Luck, WI. Morning coffee is a 10 to 10, lunch at noon and afternoon coffee is at 1/4 to 3pm. Coffee for the Danish farmer / carpenters is not just a cup of coffee, so I have been baking yummy cookies and cakes since last Wednesday. I now have a much better appreciation for those farm wives who did this full time, year round. I keep thinking that all I do is set and clear the table, but at least I have a dishwasher to handle that job. It's been really fun remembering being kids and also talking about our ancestors (their Grandma was a sister to my Grandma). They will be finishing tomorrow and I'll be sad to see them go.

We had a beer on the deck this afternoon, so it's official.

1 comment:

sherri said...

Your deck is great! Looks like it takes advantage of late afternoon shade, too. So nice to have a place to enjoy one of "Milwaukee's finest"!---oops--well, you know what I mean, Ms. Coors!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails