Sunday, September 27, 2009

Cabins, Apples, No photos

I wanted to show Terry & Janet some of the spots I've talked about over the years, so we went for a drive. First stop was at Big Moon Lake to see Glenn & Kathy's cottage there. A loon did a swim by while we were standing looking at the lake.
~
From Big Moon, we drove to Centuria and attended an apple festival at Baker Orchard. The food was yummy (Cafe Wren out of Luck), many artists there and I was tempted more than once, in the end all I bought was a 1/2 peck of Liberty apples. Delicious!
http://www.bakerorchard.com/
~
Our next stop was Luhrs/Bjornson Art Works in St. Croix Falls. I ordered a pottery colander from Leif. I also got a nice coffee mug. I love their store with the potters wheel right there.
~
The drive down The River Road to Sterling Township was pretty. The leaves are not staying on the trees too long so the river was more visible. Terry and Janet enjoyed seeing Gus & Lois's cabin in The Barrens. Terry heard me talk about our Cabin Christmas gatherings during all the years we worked together at Coors.
~
Our last stop was Luck. Of course I blabbed about Luck while I lived Out West, so Terry and Janet were interested to see what the town looked like. I was sad that the Park Avenue leaves have not really changed yet. We made a quick stop at Gus & Lois's and then headed to Rice Lake for Sunday leftovers supper. The leaves along the way are really pretty and I didn't take a single picture.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails