Thursday, September 10, 2009

Pumpkin Patch Time

As you can see from my banner picture, Mommsen's Pumpkin Patch is open for business. The photo above was taken from my driveway. The Patch has a corn maze, petting zoo and pumpkin catapult, along with snacks and other fun stuff for the kids and...they sell pumpkins.


Yesterday the pyramid was empty, this morning it is full, they must have been working while I was drinking coffee.

Tomorrow I am heading to Moline, IL for Dad's (yep that's him in the uniform) Navy Seabee reunion. There are only a few veterans that make the trip anymore, but there are several of the second generation that come.
Some come with their Seabee father / uncle, some come even though their Seabee has passed on. It's always nice to see all these folks, they have become extended family in many ways.
The 62nd Battalion Navy Seabees are Iwo Jima survivors. It's hard to imagine their experiences during WWII. I am very proud of their service and it is fun to visit with them each year.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

awesome! my Christmas ornament! thanks for displaying it and thanks for your Dad's service. My Dad was in the Navy in the 50's, and my sister is a Seabee! http://www.cafepress.com/seabees and http://www.cafepress.com/usnavyseabees is where many of the items are located!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails