Saturday, August 1, 2009

How to catch a fish...and Obi-Wan Kenobi

I was on my way to Glenn's lake cottage this afternoon and pulled up behind these two. It just made me chuckle. Both of these boats are about the same goal...catch a fish.
Big 'suck my wake' bass master boat with mega motor vs. old aluminum boat with barely a motor...priceless.
~
I spent the afternoon with Alyxis and Breanna on the dock fishing. Most of the time I was baiting a hook or taking a fish off a hook and releasing it back into the lake. A few times, I even cast my own line out, only to feed my worm to some sneaky fish who knew I wasn't watching my own bobber.

These cousins are either thick as thieves or mad at each other. Today, they were fellow fisherwomen. I like this one, "fishin' and talkin'.

Breanna needed a drink but was busy with her fish pole, so Alyxis helped her out.

By the supper time, both Alyxis and Breanna could put their own worm on the hook. This is big, they want to learn to take their own fish off the hook too, but touching the fish was just a little too much today. I almost got them to kiss the fish on the lips tho...but not quite. Lexi was really proud when she got that first worm on the hook.

Later, Grandma Kathy got crazy and hopped on the rope swing. Luckily no one had to call 911.
I got a good laugh this afternoon. Jackson (he's 4) is a major Star Wars fan, knows all the characters, and who the 'good guys' and 'bad guys' are. He talked me into playing light sabers him (he's got 2 of these weapons, 3-4 feet long, telescoping, just like in the movies).
~
He told me when he touched me with the lightsaber that I was supposed to fall right down on the ground. I told him "Jackson, I'm too old to fall down on the ground", and his immediate response was, "You have to be Obi-Wan Kenobi then."
When I asked him why, he said, "Because you are old."
~
So, that's that! I hope the force will be with me.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails