Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A visit to a cabin, a co-op and a castle

Heather, Wanda, Ev, Dad

I went over the Gus & Lois's cabin yesterday afternoon to have a visit with cousin Heather James from Tacoma. She's a Pastor and was on a short vacation after attending the Danish Meetings in Tyler, MN. Gus and Lois came out for supper and we had a nice visit. This morning, after coffee and much visiting, we took a drive to Alpha, WI to the Co-Op to buy cheese and butter. I noticed this placque on the wall explaining the name of the town.




I thought it was pretty interesting that a town was named after a cream separator. My Coors friends will recognize the DeLAVAL name as a brand name of centrifuge that we used for many different applications in the brewery.





Tonight, on the way back to Rice Lake, I had dinner at Kyle & Heather's. Stella wanted me to play with her dolls inside her castle. It's a pretty cool castle tent right in the living room. It was just about big enough for the two of us and the dolls!

Stella can be a pretty serious little girl, but she's also tons of fun.

1 comment:

Heather James said...

What fun, Wanda! Thanks for writing. I'll keep reading! haj

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails