Tuesday, August 11, 2009

America's Best Idea

I went to Eau Claire this afternoon so I could attend a Wisconsin Public Television screening of Ken Burns' new documentary, The National Parks: America's Best Idea. I was invited because I had donated a little money to Wisconsin Public Television earlier this year. It was a nice event, only about 40 or 50 folks. The two speakers shared many facts about the National Park Service. One man was a PHD (U of W alum) in land management and the other was the Superintendent of the Saint Croix National Scenic Riverway (U.S. National Park Service). Excellent speakers with very interesting information. The event was a partnership with University of Wisconsin Alumni, Wisconsin Public TV and The US National Park Service. The film shows on PBS on September 27th, 2009. (We only saw a 15 minute segment / introduction to the film.)

After the program, I decided to try a restaurant that I had been wanting to check out. The Shanghai Bistro and Sushi Bar. It was delicious...and expensive. They had Blue Moon on tap (I had 2 big ones, yummy)...and the sushi I had tasted wonderful. This will probably always be my most expensive meal in Eau Claire, WI. $60 included the tip...Wow! But it was great.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails