Saturday, August 22, 2009

Sir Isaac Newton's Deal


I guess Newton figured out the whole gravity thing by having an apple hit him on the head. I'm not sure I appreciated the idea of gravity today as I picked up a full wheel barrow of wormy apples off the ground under 1 of 2 of my apple trees. I'm told you have to pick up the old apples or you will never have apples without the worms. So, hopefully some forest critters will come and chow down on the pile of apples I dumped at the edge of the woods. Next year, I'll spray early.

I decided the squash and cukes had outgrown their pots so moved them to the new tiered garden plot. Not sure they will respond well to the move, but I'm thinking they might like their new digs. I added some mums to keep them company.
It is almost time to end the great potato experiment! Lois dumped hers earlier this week and had enough new red potatoes to make for supper and they were delicious! I'm going to dump mine this week as the tops are about died off, so hopefully I'll have a good crop of potatoes. We learned a little about how to do this and both plan to do it again next year with some improvements.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails