Friday, August 14, 2009

Sweet Surprise

This afternoon I took a drive to Glenn's Cottage on Big Moon Lake. I had picked up some 'noodles' for the kids to play with in the lake and also wanted to drop off a boat cushion and other odds and ends for the paddle boat. It was very pretty night, but kind of breezy so instead of a paddle boat ride, I just ate my supper on the dock there, some leftovers were in the refrigerator and Glenn wanted me to take them as no one is scheduled to be at the lake for awhile. It worked out well for me, as I had not eaten supper.
~
On the way home I drove a different route, through the country, past big turkey farms, tree farms and dairy operations. It was nice to see some new scenery.
~~
When I got home, I was confused by what I saw on the sidewalk.
~
At first glance, I thought "O great, now what animal is digging holes and throwing the rocks up on the sidewalk?"
~
But then, I thought I saw that the rocks were in a pattern. It took a minute or more of studying to see what I was meant to see.

I saw the arrow first, and then eventually saw that there were 2 names spelled out.

I was trying to see were the arrow was pointing when I saw another arrow on the landing, pointing at the door.
From the landing, it is clear what it says...Sam & Dan
Hanging on the door was a baggie with 2 fresh chocolate chip cookies in it, still warm from the oven!
Samantha and Daniel are neighbor kids who had stopped over for a visit one other afternoon. I must have just missed them today, but I'm glad I did, I got a real charge out of their 'note' of rocks and twigs.

1 comment:

bonelakecountrylife said...

That's adorable! Looks like you are having a lot of fun back in WI. Hey, do you have any idea how to get 'almost there' off my blog title on your page? I went into 'customize' on my blog page to edit title but it's not there! I have no idea where that came from...owell, I'll keep looking.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails