Sunday, August 16, 2009

I just don't get it

I just don't get the whole computer virus, worm, Trojan deal. What's the point? Maybe the people who write these programs and launch them into the Internet world are just plain evil?
~
The other day I got an email that looked like it was from a friend on Facebook. It said that my friend had posted a video for me to see. (For you non Facebook users, if one of your Facebook friends writes a message on your Facebook page, an email is sent to you to let you know.) So, I clicked on the link in this email to see what my friend had posted, and a virus instantly installed itself on my computer. My antivirus software told me it was a virus, but was unable to clean it off my computer.
~
Last night I spent about an hour on the computer with the tech support from my new antivirus company, and with the help of several special programs that he had, the virus was wiped off my computer.
~
So, be warned, if you get an email that has a link for a video...delete the email immediately. Save yourself lots of trouble.
~
But I still don't get it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails