Wednesday, April 14, 2021

What the hell

So, I needed the Shingles vaccine & booster, & since I was headed to my annual doctor visit anyway, I figured I would just get it there.  

A friend suggested I do some price checking.  

I called Walgreens, they quoted cash price of $198/each. 

I called Marshfield Clinic in RL, they quoted cash price of $330/each.

I went to Walgreens, ended up paying $178 with my insurance. 

Saved $152 X 2!

Lesson learned to do my homework.

It drives me nuts that drug costs vary so much.  After I posted the above on Facebook, there were another 5 or 10 prices that people had paid.  Some of that has to do with insurance, or Medicare Part D, but seriously that difference is insane.

I'm off my soap box now. Oh, my arm was a little sore today, but no other side effects.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails