Sunday, April 25, 2021

Cardinals at The Diner

The male and female Cardinal have been regulars all winter, but now that it is mating season, I have seen some of the behavior where he feeds her.  
I love seeing them and hope that they are nesting near by.



Mary's husband Rick is making 'diner bird feeders' out of odds and ends pots and pans.  He donates them to the thrift store for the Chequamegon Humane Society in Ashland, WI.
I love that these stray lids and pie pans, etc are getting repurposed instead of into landfill.


The 'diner' is a very popular feeder here at my house.



 They even share their space.

I am expecting to see a few new birds around this next week.  Migration is slow but I did see a Chipping Sparrow & a Yellow Rumped Warbler yesterday.  By next weekend, we might see the first Oriole.  I have restocked my grape jelly supply, I am ready.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails