Tuesday, April 20, 2021

402 days

 It has been 402 days since I started my Safer at Home lifestyle.  I have recently eaten breakfast at a restaurant, but otherwise, have continued to maintain a kind of self-quarantine.

I am about to branch out and begin a few of my old normal activities.  Next week, I'll meet Mary and Sharon for lunch in Hayward and am looking forward to our visit. We would have been together for 3 quilt camps over the past 402 days.  I am also about to start playing bridge with the Cameron group again.

I'm a little nervous to resume close contact like playing cards, but we are asking that all who come be symptom free and be fully vaccinated.  And, if I am not comfortable, I will stop going, but it is worth a try.

***

On another note, the George Floyd murder trial ended today with a guilty verdict on all counts.  I am relieved.  I was holding my breath as the judge read the 3 verdicts.  It is a step.

***

I hung a new bird feeder today.  Mary's husband Rick has been making these 'pots and pans' bird feeders out of discarded cookware parts.  They are selling them at the Dog Shoppe to benefit the Chequamegon Humane Society.  This one is stainless steel.  Sometimes they paint them fun colors.  I added this to my feeder line up today after I took down 2 suet feeders.  I have to quit the suet feeding as the bears are probably coming soon.  A few Goldfinch found it right away.


I'm afraid that we have a pregnant Red Squirrel.  I hope the nest is NOT under the house.  I've had lots of trouble with Red Squirrels chewing on the house and until this one, had not seen any around for a couple of years.  She looks like she might be about to have babies.


Checked out the trailcam pictures today and I wonder if this is a coyote?  I sure think it could be.

Stay safe.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails