Tuesday, April 27, 2021

40% off

 Kohls has a dangerous program of giving % off coupons to consumers.  
Getting the prized 30% off coupon in the mail is nearly always a call to arms, 
GET SHOPPING.
Last week, I got an email containing a Kohls scratch off discount coupon.   Would it be 10, 20, 30 or 40%  off?  "Click here to reveal."  Well, when I saw that I had a 40% off coupon, I decided I should at least look and see if there was anything at Kohls that I need right now.  
Sheets, pjs, some new fangled kitchen utensil?

Once I got on Kohls.com, I saw a 'sale' button and started my search.  Right away I saw that air fryers were on sale.  I have looked at air fryers for a couple of years and had it in my mind that I would add one to the kitchen eventually.  One that I had looked at a number of times, is a combo air fryer / toaster oven.  It is spendy so I knew it would take a good sale price before I would take that leap.

So, it was on sale.
Originally $279 ( what??)
On sale for $219
40% off, so less $87
For $132, I thought I could not go wrong.
I mean I 'saved' 147 dollars!
So, I clicked 'buy it'.

Kohls has a nice curbside delivery service, so I drove to the store where a nice store associate brought the oven and loaded it in the car for me.  This makes it very easy to spend money.

Once I got it home, I could see this thing is huge!  It took a day to figure out how I could/would fit it into he kitchen.  For a while I was considering re-boxing it and returning it.  But the lure of an air fryer won out.

It's in, 
and now I am just waiting for a silicone mat to arrive from Amazon.  
My countertop is laminate, so I think some heat protection is required.

I'm looking forward to air roasted veggies and toasted bagels.  Many of the HomeFresh meal kits that I get will lend nicely to the use of the air fryer or toaster oven for healthy cooking of the meat.
And, I think it should make good pizza too!

I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails