Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Dad would have been 99 today

 Dad talked about making 100 years and having a party.  Maybe next year I'll plan a party.

Today I took drive to Luck with the express purpose of going to the cemetery to plant some pansies.  It was the first time I had driven to Luck since before the pandemic.  I visited the cemetery  in 2020 in February or March and retrieved the Christmas wreaths, not to return again until today.  Someone (I would guess SIL Lois) had placed a winter bouquet on Dad & Ev's bench, which was nice to see.  I wish I had brought some soapy water & a scrub brush, but I'll do that next time.  It was raining this time,  so I planted my pansies and headed back home. 

I think of Dad everyday , it was good to make a visit to his bench.



This collage of photos were sent to me by the daughter of one of Dad's best friends.  She was cleaning out her Dad's things after he died.  It is fun to see Dad as a young man.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails