Saturday, April 17, 2021

Potting Soil for the ages

 Nephew Kris was nice enough to pick up a load of potting soil from Rosenholm Farms in Waumandee.  Roche's brother John runs the farm these days and compost & potting soil is a nice side business that also disposes of their by-product.

I met Kris in Eau Claire to make the transfer.  It was also really nice to have a little visiting time with Kris, the last time I had seen him was on March 12, 2020 at the last basketball tournament game.  We hads about 25 minutes to catch up before he had an appointment and I headed home with my car loaded.



This will last me beyond this year I am pretty sure, 
but my big flower pots have not had new soil for at least 10 years, so it is time.


I noticed that a renegade daffodil is blooming in the woods far from the other daffys that I planted.  
I'm not sure how that happens since they are a bulb, but I'm hoping this one will thrive and form additional plants.



We are starting to see life.  This patch of what I call wild geranium is behind the garage, and it is off to a good start.  Sure is nice to see the perennials coming on strong.


Now, once the weather warms up a bit, the work list is long.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails