Thursday, April 22, 2021

Ansgar and Frederikke

Today, I read a booklet about my Grandparents while I was waiting for my car to be serviced.

This was a labor of love by cousins Ron & Fred and chronicles the homesteading experience of my Dad's parents.  The documents and artifacts that they found were impressive but then there was a visit to the current land & landowner coupled with anecdotal remembrances from relatives who are since gone.  All together it makes for a good telling a of story that I've heard bits and pieces of for years.
I'm so sorry my Dad will never see the work done to really document Ansgar & Frederikke's homesteading in the Dakotas.

I've had the booklet here for a month or more,  the first page brought tears to my eyes,  so I had set it aside until today.   I wasn't too happy with the slow service on my car today, but the upside was that I had time to read the booklet cover to cover and then re-read most of it.  

♥️♥️♥️

I sat outside in the sun while my car was serviced.  Brought my own lawn chair & bottle of water and settled in to read.  It wasn't long before I heard a noise like a big mosquito.  It was a large drone.  I watched it move around the area just South of my location. I couldn't spot the drone operator and had to make up my own story about what it was up to.  Eventually it hovered right above me. I waved and off it went.  Curious.
 


πŸ›ΈπŸ›°πŸš€

My lawn / plow guy Jim came by today to blow the debris off my driveway. I mentioned to him that I wanted to get the asphalt driveway re-sealed & he offered to do it.  Right or wrong, I said okay. We agreed that he would wait until the weather warms up a bit. Hope that goes okay 🀞

πŸ‘πŸš—

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails