Monday, May 20, 2019

Winter

Well it got down to 31 degrees overnight, nipped a few of my flowers, but today the sun was out.  I'm ready for warmer nights so I can turn off the furnace, but it seems slow this year.
Today was our annual trip to Winter Greenhouse with the Cameron Area Senior Citizens.  We take a bus of folks, I drive my car and haul home all the loot.  This year I had room for more plants, but several folks cancelled at the last minute thinking it was going to be Winter in Winter.
It was really a nice day.
Sunny, a little breezy but just fine with a sweatshirt or jacket.
Everyone enjoyed the trip and several brought home a nice flat of plants to add to their yards, 
me included.

After I got home, I saw a little bird hit the living room window.  It didn't seem like a really hard impact, but when I looked I saw a little warbler laying on the bird seed platform.
He acted like he might be a little stunned.
I kept an eye on him, snapped a few photos and then off he flew.
I've never ever seen a Magnolia Warbler before.
What a pretty fella.



Carry on little singing dude.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails