Sunday, May 5, 2019

Flan

I love flannel.  
It's cozy and warm and many of the designs remind me 
of old wool shirts that my Grandfather Ansgar used to wear.  
There is something comforting about those old patterns.
  
I found this kit at Pins and Needles Quilt Store in St. Croix Falls, WI.  
Friends Mary & Sharon also bought the same kit and 
we sewed them at quilt camp a time or two ago.  
Something went awry with my borders when I was piecing, 
so mine looked slightly different from their piecing, 
but all were really pretty quilt tops.


The long arm quilter in Port Wing used a maple leaf motif in the stitching for me.  
It's makes for a nice subtle message, but not noticeable at first glance.



Flannel reminds me of cabins, camping and all the hunting and fishing activities that often go along with sleeping someplace chilly.
My great nephew Anders is almost 11 and he is a well experienced hunter and trapper thanks to his Dad Kris who is a Wildlife Biologist by trade.  
Living with divorced parents isn't always easy, but so far, he seems to take it in stride.
Bouncing from one house to another might get old someday, but for now, it's just what he knows.
Mom's house is a little more contemporary in decor, Dad's house has a deer head in the living room and lends towards a cabin feel.
I think you can guess where this quilt is headed.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails