Wednesday, May 15, 2019

I do love baseball

I love baseball.
I used to watch minor league ball in Denver, The Denver Bears turned The Zephyrs.
At one of those games, I signed a petition by Baseball Colorado asking the MLB to bring a team to Denver.  A few years later, I was buying season tickets to The Rockies and had those tickets for 10 season.  My favorite outing was to sit at the baseball game, radio in my ears to hear the best play by play and a cold beer in the cup holder.
Now, living in Wisconsin, I don't see much of the Rockies, but always tune in when they are on TV, either playing the Milwaukee Brewers or some other televised game.
Driving home from summer outings, I always check to see if the Brewers are on the radio, it's a great way to 'see' a game while it sure helps the miles go by quickly.

But live baseball is hard to beat.
Great nephew Gage is on the Luck / Frederic team and last night was the first time I got to see him play in person.  I've watched a few games on the We Are Network live stream, which is so slick and on a cold & wet evening, makes me glad to have it.
But again, live is best.
Last night was a perfect night for baseball.
Mostly sunny, a few clouds rolling by, and the outfield brilliant green.

The results of this game were not in our favor.  The Webster team is on its way to state, again.
Coached by Jared Washburn, former MLB World Series MVP, and the players are talented.
It is interesting how the baseball genes are strong in the Washburn family, both sons Jack & Owen are good players, probably doesn't hurt to be coached by a former pro father.
I hope our L/F kids will be in a different bracket come tournament time.

But, for me, the game is fun to watch, win or lose.
Gage started out pitching, not his best outing, but he threw a lot of strikes too.



I enjoyed the game and had an uneventful drive home after (aka No Deer).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails