Sunday, May 12, 2019

All about birds in the Spring

It's been a wonderful week for birds at my feeders.
Just this morning I saw a Cardinal male & female, several Baltimore Oriole pairs, bright yellow Goldfinch, Chickadees, BlueJays, Catbird, and several woodpeckers.

 Spring is such a delight.
My Nikon lens is at the doctor, so I haven't been taking many bird photos, I need to get busy before they are off nesting and I don't see much of these colorful critters.
***
Yesterday, it was all about Cardinals!  Little Cardinals!  4th & 5th grade volleyball played by the Luck Cardinals.  Great niece Ruby, #24, is going to be a good player and already has some surprisingly good skills including an overhand serve!  Several of her teammates are also getting comfortable returning the lobs and serving.  The tournament moved right along and I think I saw Ruby play 8 games, back to back.  As an added bonus, Great niece Emily (who is graduation next weekend!) was one of the coaches, with Katie Mattson, an accomplished Luck volleyball senior who is headed to college to play ball next fall.
It was a fun day of watching the girls play, 
visiting with family 
&
 I squeezed in a trip to the cemetery too.
Ruby Anna Serving


Great niece Emily, Great niece Ruby, coach Katie

Ruby, Emily, Stella & Jude
This might be my favorite photo ever!


Ruby's team (some of the girls left before we lined them up for a photo)

Ruby & Great Aunt Wanda selfie

I also stopped by Dad & Ev's bench to plant a bunch of pansies in their planter.

It was a good day in Luck, Wis

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails