Thursday, May 16, 2019

Jelly for all

The Baltimore Orioles have been really busy eating the grape jelly and I've been putting fresh oranges out whenever the pulp has been eaten down to the membranes.  Occasionally one of the Rose Breasted Grosbeaks will dip into the jelly too.  For the past couple of days, there have been 2 Catbirds slurping on the jelly as well.  Today I noticed a flash of red in the front yard and assumed it was a Cardinal, but much to my delight, a Scarlet Tanager stopped in for some jelly.






What a thrill.
I can't remember having a Scarlet Tanager here before, 
and it's a bird I would not be likely to forget.
He's really a show off.

Hope he comes back again soon.

Before I could stand up from the keyboard, he was back.


Thank you Mother Nature, you made my day.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails