Sunday, May 19, 2019

Art in the works

Each Spring, my niece Erin puts on a fabulous Art Show of her student's work.  She works hard on the display of each piece in the show and the end result is always a feast for the eyes and soul.
Each year a few new artists are added to the influence of the show, I love seeing these new styles and techniques. Equally as important are the masters that are covered each year.  To me, it is amazing to see the exposure to the arts that elementary students are enjoying under Mrs. Johansen's guidance.

Below are a few of the photos from this year's show.  Great nephew Jake had a couple of items on display and I'll be sure comment on those.




Laurel Burch has long been a favorite of mine, 
and the kids do a good job on their funky cats.




Some of these works are frame-able,
such interesting patterns in their names.


New this year was the display of Cactus. 
Very well done and clever.

Clay birds and owls are bright and cheery.

 The Wire People were all around the room.
So expressive in their body language and faces.

The Cat in the Hat in many forms.
I think Dr. Seuss would be proud.

More cats 


New this year, and I like it!
 This seems so modern, yet the artist died in 1944. 

 More cats and birds on a wire.
Each year I just love the birds on a wire.
I would frame one of these for my home in a minute.

 And who doesn't love sunflowers.


City Scapes are always interesting.
To see the perspective of the youthful artist is fun.
Sometimes a surprising building dominates the scene.


Scattered around the room were Toucans, colorful and fun.

 The Wire People are done by the older kids.
Some have such detail.

Jake is proud of his Dad who served in the Army National Guard.
I'm not sure this really looks like Dana, but the uniform is great!

The Chihuli Glass is always one of my favorites.
 Displayed with a small votive candle inside of the 'glass'.

 Who wouldn't enjoy seeing these Birds on a Wire.








 Very Hungry Caterpillar examples were all around.

But the fireflys kept their distance.

Fish and Octopuses?

 This is the kind of thing I remember doing as a kid.

These figures are interesting, no all are the same, and the lines of movement are eye catching.

Frank Lloyd Wright has had a big influence on the world and Wisconsin.
Interesting to see how children interpret his ideas.


Who can? You can!
Toucan.

More Chihuly.
Delicate yet strong and beautful.

Wire people hangout.
Check out the pigtails on the blonde on the left.

Lion Masks.
 Cats were scattered around the room.
Add caption
 It was very toasty warm in the atrium where the art show was, so I took a cool off break to check out some of the great science project posters in the hallway.
I was impressed, and I learned a few things as well.


 I was very interested in this problem.

 I was pleased to fun across the Art Room.



Erin is my niece, she and her teammate Holly make this art show an impressive event year after year.

I found another group of Picasso look alikes,
Bouquet with Hands

Great nephew Jake's Van Gogh sunflowers.

Another science project that caught my eye.

Back to art...


Another nice Van Gogh

Overhead a large group of dragons were hanging.


Kimonos and more sunflowers.

Much appreciated cookie station.

 Some fun clay work.
Kitties
 and polar bears.

Two of my favorite animals.



The art work was lifted up by all the great display pieces Mrs. Johansen used.









 A blow up 'Scream', seriously?

Some awesome night scenes.

and, more cats.

Nicely done Erin & Holly,
I'll be back next year to see more creations by your budding artists.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails