Saturday, May 4, 2019

Borders

No, not the border that is in the news daily, but a border on a lap quilt.
I'm not pleased with my craftsmanship on applying borders, but since I have 5 to do, maybe the experience will improve my ability to apply a precise border.
At any rate, this lap quilt is now done.

I pieced this quilt at a class in Cornucopia, it was a mystery quilt class and I had limited information about what kind of fabric to bring.  My sunflower fabric wasn't really the right thing, but I sewed it up anyway, that's part of the fun of the mystery idea.

I wasn't all that pleased with it until I had it machine quilted at Fisher Under Cover in Port Wing, now it is a beautiful piece.  The border finishes it off nicely.

I'm pleased and can't wait to give it away.





I had this at the long arm quilter when I got great niece Emily's graduation announcement.
Some things are meant to be.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails