Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Just Vote

The interim elections are important.
I got up to about 3 inches of new snow and light, small flakes falling.
I read the paper, did the puzzles and then started to think about sewing for a bit.
Then I checked the radar and saw that I had a nice window to get out and vote before the heavier snow arrived.
I was number 72 in my township.
On the ballot, State Supreme Court Judge, whether to abandon the State Treasurer role, and Rice Lake School Board.  I knew what I wanted to do for the SC and Treasurer, but I have to admit I had not done my homework on the Rice Lake School Board folks.  I know they don't have many women on school boards in this area, so voted for the woman listed and wrote in a friend, who is currently on the board and has run as a write in before.
I felt a little foolish.
I'll be better prepared next time.
***
By the time I got home, there was enough snow to push off the driveway even though my 'plowguy' had been there early this a.m.

Snow-piles by the driveway are taller than I am.

The birdhouses will soon be needed as the migrating birds probably don't have the weather app.
It's April 2nd folks, let's don't forget that by this time last year the grass was green.

Okay, I finally got around to sewing.
With some supervision of course, freshly pressed fabric - a desirable place to perch.

Barley, caught red handed laying on fabric I had just pressed.


I happened to look out and saw it was really coming down.
It doesn't look much like April in my yard.

Back to sewing.
More supervision, this time from the windowsill in the sewing room.

Or sometimes, from under the cutting board area.

I guess sewing got tedious, because I caught both cats taking a break in front of the fire.


I was finishing a Danish Heart runner today.
Remember those thinking games as a kid?
'Draw the back of an envelope without taking your pencil off the paper.'
Well, today I was trying to stitch around the quilt pieces without cutting the thread,
and without too much backtracking.
I think those critical thinking games really do train a person for other endeavors.
The backside of the runner project.

Not sure you can see the stitching, and hey, that's a good thing!
The last thing is to put on a binding, then I'll have another finished project.
Ta Da!  Finished project!
It's not perfect, but at a glance, it's pretty good.

Can you see the 'envelopes'?

Gotta sign your work :-)

As I am typing I see my neighbor who has a new toy, a blade on the front of his jeep.
He's busy clearing snow around the mailboxes and it looks like he's doing some of the street as well.
Everyone needs a hobby.

I hope he voted!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails