Monday, April 16, 2018

Record Setter

We are on the melting side of a record setting snow storm.  The last time there was this much snow in April was in 1983, but this storm outdid that record and then some.  I just heard that it was 58 hours of snowfall.  I think I had about a foot of snow, although it is hard to really tell with the drifting.  The good news is that today it warmed up a bit and already there is melting.  My driveway is almost clear and the bird feeder is accessible again.
I didn't mind being home, I can always find something to do around here.  Sometimes it is not productive, but this time I managed to get a few things done.
I made another table topper with the Danish Heart pattern, this time with dark accents, 
I really like how it is coming together.
Seeing the dark trim and liking it.

Stitched in the ditch for quilting.

Adding the binding.

I'm pleased, I love the dark colors in contrast to the red and white.
I'll make a couple more like this one.
 I sewed off and on today too.  
I do take time to keep up on my crossword puzzles & computer games!
I made some tiny name banners for our upcoming Quilt Camp.
I'm not sure where or how we will use these, but we will.
It's nice to have your name someplace for folks, it makes it easier to chit - chat with new friends.

I had some left over felt scraps from another project and decided to cut triangles and make a little banner for the Johansen kids over in Luck.  Maybe they can hang it on game day this fall when ever cousin Noah has a game.
 This was a fun and VERY easy project.  I have more ideas for felt pennant banners.

Okay, back to sewing.
I'm trying a Cinco De Mayo project now, will update later on the progress and results.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails