Wednesday, April 11, 2018

This and That

There is still about a foot of snow on most lawns and in my backyard, I'm still looking at about 2 feet.
None the less, while parked at Walgreens on Monday, there was a hatch of little flies.
All the cars had swarms of these little pests on them.
I guess that they couldn't wait.

Pennants strings are a fun sewing project.
I decided to make one for each graduate.


Quick projects are fun and not so fussy, so I thought this is a good rule.

Getting the letters organized is the hardest part.
Having enough of each letter or number takes a little figuring.


Once the letters and numbers are ironed on,
stringing up the pennants is the fun part.



I had the birthday pennants done, so finished up all 3.

Fun stuff.

I've also been making some posters for the graduates with photos from my files.
I have basketball photos of Jack from his earliest play.


And this past season of course.

 It's been fun mining for old photos and finding actions shots of Jack.

This year, Jack played football too, so I made a couple of my favorites from that season.


 Walgreens does a good job on these poster boards and with 40% off coupon, the pricing is good.

Breanna doesn't get in front of my camera as often as Jack.
I found some fun photos from a Colorado visit in 2007, Breanna wasn't so shy then, so this made for a fun trip down memory lane.
 I also made a poster of Breanna playing softball from a few years ago, I guess I didn't take a picture of that one.
I hope that the graduates will enjoy having these poster boards for their graduation parties 
and beyond.

Today I had piano lessons.  Jim and Sherry are really getting into hobby farming.
Right now they have about a dozen chicks, 3 full grown chickens, 1 rooster, 2 ewes and now 3 little lambs.  One of the Mom's didn't really get into the motherhood deal, so 2 lambs have to be bottle fed.
I was there to see the feeding and help a little bit.
Oh for cute.


I have a feeling it's quite stinky in the barn right now, 
some times it is a bonus to have no sense of smell.

 I drove past Rice Lake on the way home to see if the ice was going.
There are some spots that look like they are soft, but it is still shore to shore ice.

 Last year I was taking photos of geese and ducks and babies.
This year there is a big storm headed our way.
The forecasters are saying 6 - 20" of snow could fall.
I sure hope that they are wrong on this one.

So, that's what I've been up to, thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails