Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Oh my gosh

I was talking to friend Mary on the phone to wish her a happy birthday.  She's a bird watcher like I am and as we were talking I saw the female Bluebird stop by one of my birdhouses and give it a look.
I got super excited, grabbed the camera and got a snapshot out the living room window.
I rarely see Bluebirds in the yard.  
They are not feeder birds, so unless I am outside, 
not much chance of seeing them, and they are such a pretty bird.

A few minutes later, here came the male Bluebird checking on the housing.


He didn't stay long.


Later I saw them looking in the old nesting box where Bluebirds have nested before.
I'll have to get the boxes cleaned out tomorrow, the snow has been so deep that is a task undone.
It would be a treat to have Bluebirds nesting in the Johansen yard.

***
I've been feeding the rabbits through the winter as best I could.
Not until March did I figure out that I could throw apples out the back deck door as far as I could throw and the rabbits would find them.
So, now I have apple loving rabbits and I'm wondering how many baby rabbits that will add up to be.
No matter, I love seeing them.

Things are popping here now that Spring has arrived.

Life is Good.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails