Sunday, April 15, 2018

To the wire

I usually knock out the taxes early, but this year, I kind of forgot about getting that job done.  So, today, I finally did the deed.  It's not hard using TurboTax, and it didn't take long.  This year for the first time, I only qualify for the standard deduction, so I guess next year, I can do the short form and save a buck on software.  O well, it's done, and I'm happy.

While I was sitting here working on the laptop, I watched the birds as they came and went on the feeders and suet bags.  It can't be much fun to try to survive in a late storm like this.
I even saw a Yellow Rumped Warbler.  I'm pretty sure he didn't expect snow when he headed North on his migration journey.

The Mourning Doves look miserable.
I'm guessing there is another 8" of new snow, and it is still snowing.
 There are some remarkable drifts around the yard as the wind really wailed most of the night.
The sliding door to the back deck is frozen shut with a 2 foot drift across the path to the lawn.
 They say it will snow off and on all day long, so I'm glad I don't have any plans for tomorrow.
I'm no fan of risky driving conditions, I'll leave that to others.

So, for today, I'm off to the sewing room while the kitties sleep in front of the fire.

Life is good.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails