Saturday, April 28, 2018

96

Dad would have been 96 on the 27th.  
Coming up on 4 years since he's been gone, but I still think about him everyday.  On his birthday I headed to Luck to grab the old Christmas wreath from the cemetery.  It was really brown and dry, good to have that gone.  It's not quite warm enough to put a plant at the cemetery, but it won't be long.
On the way to the cemetery, I stopped at the boat landing on Little Butternut Lake.
Dad had told me that through the years, many times there was still ice on the lake on his birthday, this year is one of those years.
A muskrat swam by as I was snapping a photo with my cellphone.

A hooded Merganser flew in and swam around a bit.  I didn't have my good camera,
I always regret it when I travel without it.

The evening was spent at a concert by the string ensemble.
Great niece Milena is still playing Dad's violin with this group, 
and on Dad's birthday is was very sweet to see his violin making lovely music.




 Bach


I enjoyed the program very much.

After the show, I stopped at friend Bruce's for a cold beverage in salute to Dad's birthday.

I left there and stopped at Kyle's for a nightcap and visit with his family.
As I was leaving I saw a list on the refrigerator that I think is very excellent.
It was written by Ruby Anna at school.



So, on Saturday, I got some exercise, got a little organized and did a few outdoor projects.
 New super-sized mailbox to better accommodate my photo projects.
Hopefully this will save my projects from being bent and also save my mail mistress some steps.

This turned out to be a very easy project, now that the snow is melted.
I also raked the old canes off the day lily beds, pulled the big flower pots out of the garage,
and tried to blow the sand/salt out of the garage.
It got a start on my garage project and now, once it is warmer, 
I'm going to get serious about cleaning and purging that garage.

It was a nice day outside, I sat in the sun and drank some lemonade and got a little sun on my face.
Life is good.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails