Saturday, April 14, 2018

Stayin' in

I had planned to visit a Quilt Show today and then take in some 8th grade girls volleyball after.
Earlier, I drove the car down the slippery driveway to get the mail and newspaper, I left the car out planning to go out later on.
But, the weather did not agree.
It was sleeting all morning and then the wind kicked in for real.
Now it is snowing hard.
After I was dressed and thinking about going, I looked out again, and then put the car back into the garage for the weekend.
I'm IN!
(The Minneapolis Airport has even ceased operations, it's not a nice storm.)

So, I got busy working on computer games and crossword puzzles and hot coffee.
I happened to see a small hawk fly into the yard after dove.  Several doves took off with the hawk in pursuit.  I didn't get a good look at the hawk, just a basic idea of size and was guessing it might have been a Cooper's.
Later, I just caught the hawk swooping in on a dove and taking it down into the ditch.
Brutal.
Again, I didn't get a good look at the hawk.

Eventually, he came back looking for another victim, this time I got lucky.

Not the greatest of photos, but through the window, into a snow storm, it's the best I could do.

They are a beautiful bird, but I hope this Cooper's doesn't want to hang around my feeders,
it's hard on the regular customers.

Working on taxes, watching movies, and generally enjoying the day.
Let it snow.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails