Sunday, October 9, 2011

Waumandee Trip

This morning I took a drive to Waumandee 
The idea was to pick up a load of items that need to go to Colorado.   
It's not even a full load, so I can jam in some clothes for the trip West.
In a few weeks, I'll be taking a drive Out West to deliver a carload to Roche & LeAnna. 
********
It was a very nice day, again, this warm fall weather is pretty hard to take!  After we loaded the car, Paul & I went to Cochrane and met his Uncle Dale and the 3 of us went to lunch in Buffalo City @ The Cove. 
After lunch we had a nice drive along the river, I had never been to the Buffalo City area but I know I'll go back to take some photographs next time I am down that way.
Paul & his Uncle Dale
Wanda & Dale
 When I left Cochrane, I headed North on the river road, Hwy 35.  Me and about a million motorcycles and hot-rods.  The town of Nelson was really full.  The cheese factory was swamped with business and I was very glad to negotiate that stretch of road safely.
Crazy traffic all for cheese curds & ice cream cones.

 I stopped at Reick's Lake to see if there were any birds there.
I saw a few geese and ducks in the distance, but got some nice pictures of the fall color.
The colors are more muted as the leaves get ready to fall, but still a pretty sight.


Reick's Lake Area
Next stop was at friend Sherri's studio at Catfish Corners, part of the Fresh Art Fall Tour.
The weather was very conducive for a successful art tour.
I took a couple of panoramic pictures with the new phone for fun.
The gourds she was giving as a thank-you for a donation to Refuge Farms horse rescue were really something.  I took a couple to my great nephew Anders, and he really liked them.

I had a yummy salmon dinner with Kris, Lora and Anders in Durand and then headed for home.
Luckily I got the Packer game on the radio so the drive home went quickly as I was cheering the Packers on.  The roads were pretty empty on the way home, most people were settled in front of their TVs I think.

The weather is supposed to stay warm the rest of the week.
What a wonderful autumn.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails