Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Help Desk

Sometimes I am the family help desk when computers want to act up.  On Monday night Kyle called me and told me that their laptop had some problems.  After asking a few questions, I decided the best idea was for me to go over to Luck on Tuesday and take a look.  I had not been to Luck since Harry's birthday party so was hoping to catch Lois for lunch and then work on the laptop.  But, Gus is back in the hospital so Lois was going to the Cities on Tuesday to be at the hospital.  He continues to struggle with his health and the many blood problems he has.  It is tiring for both Gus and Lois and we all hope that soon the doctors will find a treatment that works for Gus.
I thought I might spend an couple of hours on Kyle's laptop problem, so arrived just after lunch and started the work.  It was a serious virus called a Restore Virus and I knew right away that this would take professional help.  Luckily, Kyle has Secure It Plus for his antivirus service and I was able to contact them.  They took over and I just had to be there to reconnect them to the laptop and occasionally click on a button.  Some 8 hours later, the laptop was fixed and back to good health.
At least I got to see little Jens and all the rest of Kyle and Heather's kids.
Ruby and her little brother Jens.

Nothing sweeter than a sleeping baby Jens.

He's a sweet boy, Jens Henry Valdemar - big name for such a little man

Ruby seemed like she was telling Jens something important

Holding little brother's hand
Looking pretty serious for a baby.
 Ruby and Stella gave each other haircuts about a month ago, you can see that they both have some pretty short bangs, but no one got hurt and it will be fun for them to see photos of their handiwork when they are grown ups.

I did get a short visit with Lois in the evening before heading home and took a couple snaps of her very cute kitties, Topaz and Toby.
 Toby is the dark cat and Topaz the lighter.  


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails