Monday, October 17, 2011

Help Desk X2

Last week I spent a day working on getting the tech folks to clean a wicked Restore Virus off Kyle & Heather's laptop.  This week Kyle called and said that they were having some error messages and a weird music problem.  I ran over there Sunday after the game.  The tech people remoted in again, but this music deal was strange.  About 15 minutes after the computer was started, a very faint music would run, even when Internet Explorer was closed and no programs were running.  Eventually the Boot Link virus was isolated and removed but in the process we ended up having to do a factory restore on the computer.  
Bye bye to any files they had and and about 12 hours later, 
their laptop is back to factory basics.  
Whew.  Finally.

Jens pretty much slept through most of the computer work, although he did sit on my lap for a short time.
I don't think it was his thing...yet anyway.
Stella snapped with photo with my phone, but the swing was in motion so it's blurry.
Jens is a good baby, happy to just hang out.

Stella and Ruby thought it was fun to sit on my lap and look at the computer wallpaper picture.
so I took this little picture, blurry but you get the idea.  
Fun girls.

Stella and Ruby's birthdays are close together, so Stella wrote all the thank you notes for both girls.
Can't beat a thank you note like this!
**********^^^**********
It has been so stinking windy!  I am no fan of wind.

On Sunday Big Butternut Lake had white caps.
When I got back to Rice Lake today, the gas grill was on its side with a broken handle and who knows what else, probably find out in the Spring.  
I hope this wind settles down pretty soon.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails