Thursday, October 27, 2011

My Grandfather was born and raised in Tyler, MN

My Dad's father, Ansgar Johansen, was born & raised in Tyler, MN.  I had never been there and Wednesday on my drive, I saw a little sign pointing North that said Tyler, so I took a side trip.
Tyler was hit hard by a storm in early July of this year and the clean up is still underway.
Looks like the big cottonwood trees took a beating but this pine tree was unharmed.

My grandparents and aunts and uncles have all traveled to the Danish Tyler Meetings for years, so I looked around and found the Danebod Danish school campus.
Click on the photographs to see the full sized pano.

Still some Johansen's in the community it seems.

This next pano is from the Visitor's Center at Chamberlain, SD
A very nice rest stop with a view of the Missouri that can't be beat.

The evening finished up with a fantastic sunset.
I was lucky enough to come upon an exit in time to safely pull off I-90 and click away.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails