Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Direction-ally Correct

This phrase (an old Coors-ism) popped in my head today as I headed back to Rice Lake from my 2nd trip to Eau Claire in two days.  
The new Android phone that I got yesterday, had a software glitch this morning and I could not seem to fix it, so headed back to the store.  
Since it was such a nice day, again, I decided that instead of being bummed about 'having to go back to EC', I might as well make it an opportunity to see more fall color.  

I found a bridge over the Eau Claire River at the Boyd Neighborhood Park.

Eau Claire River
Just West of downtown Eau Claire, WI
Looking West
Little Free Library located at the park.  Love this idea.
Maple on river bank
I heard a father telling his son that it looks like this tree is on fire, yup, I agree.
When I left Eau Claire, I headed kind of North, kind of West to get back home.  
I didn't really know a good route, but figured as long as I was traveling in a directionally correct manner, eventually it would work out.
A couple of years ago, I visited this bridge near Jim Falls with friends Terry and Janet.  Today I had brought my Taco Bell lunch and a lawn chair and enjoyed the view & sunshine while I ate my crunchy tacos.
Took this panoramic view with my new phone.
The Chippewa River near Jim Falls, WI
This area of the river is downstream from an electrical dam and is a fish refuge year round, so no fishing.
It was a pretty nice spot to have lunch.
I was messing around with shutter speeds on my camera and got this effect in the water.
I might have to play with this some more, but will need a tripod next time.
 Continuing to aim directionally correct towards home, I took some country roads.
The drive was so picturesque it almost seemed surreal. 
My eyes were on sensory overload from all the color.
This little pond caught my eye as I drove by, so I stopped and took a longer look.
Make's ya wanna sing that John Denver song about Country Roads takin' ya home...
Beauty
There is nothing more Wisconsin to me than Holstein cows and fall leaves.
When I got home, I looked out the living room window and decided that some of the prettiest leaves I had seen all day were right there.
Looking out my living room window.
Walking along the East edge of my yard.
This is surely a fall to remember, I am hoping the leaves hang on so I can enjoy them and take more pictures.
It will be nice to see this color in a couple of months when this whole area is under a layer of white.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails