Sunday, July 30, 2017

Progress

Barley
Only 4 days of medicine left for Barley so we are on the downhill side of this event. She's acting more normal and eating better so I'm pretty sure that once we're done pumping medicine into her, she will go back to her normal self. 

Today was a weird day. 
I had been invited to play bridge at a woman's house who I met recently and she was hosting a bridge retreat for friends from the Twin Cities area and friends from the Chetek area. She was in need of another player and had asked me if I wanted to come and I said I could play this afternoon. I had been there on Friday afternoon as well and left there thinking I had probably never before played Bridge with a group that was as experienced and had that kind of bridge expertise. But everyone was quite nice and made me feel welcome and I enjoyed the afternoon. 
Today was a mixed bag. My first opponents were duplicate players who used so many conventions I felt like they were speaking a foreign language.  They steam rolled us.  Later, my partner and I joked that it was like being on the Titanic. It was not fun.  The rest of the day the cards went better but there was residual angst in the air as the hostess & and some of her guests had gotten crosswise the previous day & evening so it was kind of weird.   

I was glad to get away.  I took a wrong turn on the way home but happened by a veggie stand that way & brought home some good tomatoes for supper. 

Life is interesting.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails